Director, Product Engineering
Company is designed to enable consumers and institutions to seamlessly buy, sell, store and spend digital assets. Formed with the purpose of bringing trust, efficiency and commerce to digital assets, Company seeks to develop open technology to connect existing market and merchant infrastructure to the blockchain.
As a new company, ensuring a common understanding of company culture is critically important. Key success factors within the Company culture include:
- Collaboration: We work as one team focused on a common set of objectives and committed to each other’s and our customers’ success.
- Problem Solving: We focus on identifying and solving our customers’ needs and make well-informed, quick decisions.
- Communication: We communicate clearly, constructively and frequently.
- Integrity & Professionalism: We hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards.
- Leadership: We lead by example.
The product engineering management position will manage and lead teams in system design, development and release of Company’s crypto exchange and payments platform. This involves working with product teams to understand the business requirements and participate in sprint planning activities. It also involves working with senior engineering leaders, system integrators and IT operations team on a regular basis. Being a new company, the position provides an excellent an opportunity to leverage latest technologies such as Cloud, AI, Mobile and Micro services for product delivery.
The individual must have strong communications skills, a background in product development / software development and a solid understanding of the principles of Agile methodology. Experience working on and/or leading agile teams is a plus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track record of delivering multiple successful projects as manager with positive impact
- Defines and manages long term vision for a functional or technical area
- Owns and executes on substantial improvements to functional processes, systems, etc
- Excellent risk management skills to manage implementation and delivery risks
- Manages and executes solutions to complex, ambiguous problems to meet business objectives
- Requires outstanding perspective across functions/lines of business
- Has meaningful influence beyond directly managed team
- Directly accountable for quality and timeliness of functional/technical product
- Oversee multiple streams of work across multiple components
- Good knowledge and business context for components being managed
- Ability to create and influence new system and software architectures that balance constraints on reliability, speed, cost, ease of maintenance, etc.;
- Ability to lead a team and provide technical direction throughout a major development project;
- Ability to assist PM's in creating schedules and QA in developing test cases;
- Strong technical perspective in various disciplines including web/GUI, middleware, databases;
- Abreast of new related industry technologies and innovations applicable to a given area
- Mentoring skills to guide other developers
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with 15+ years of experience in a related area. Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems and/or equivalent work experience is desired.
- Domain expertise in payments or retail banking is referred
- Experience in Agile project methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience in Java development environment is a must.
- Experience in customizing COTS, and Application Integration is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skill