Full Stack Java Developer
We’re looking for a motivated, detail oriented lead software developer with a strong sense of ownership to expand and improve our clearing systems.
You would join a team of 8 people working on various clearing applications. These include real time high availability systems, low latency systems, HTML5 user interfaces and more batch and algorithm based processing systems. The development team works closely with business analysts, subject matter experts, project management and testing teams. The team usually works in 2 or 3 week blocks releasing code to production every month or so.
This role involves analyzing, designing, implementing, testing, and supporting production business applications in a fast-paced environment. You would be expected to work closely with stakeholders to understand sometimes complex mathematical algorithm requirements. You’ll work closely across teams to ensure that technology solutions align with business requirements and be expected to put together technical documentation to present design proposals and explain architectural choices.
You should have a strong understanding of computer science principals, patterns and algorithms. You should also have a strong understanding of linear algebra and statistics. You'll also be the type of person who is curious about how frameworks and programming languages you use, work internally.
You should feel comfortable multi-tasking as we do have more than one stream of work going on at the same time. The position will involve some on-call support outside of regular business hours.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Full stack Java developer with 5+ years in Java/J2EE
- Experience with and strong understanding of Algorithms
- Good knowledge of mathematical statistics, linear algebra, multivariate and univariate analysis.
- Proficient in the following: Spring Core, Spring Tx, REST, JMS
- Proficient in Persistence Technologies: Spring Data, Hibernate, JPA, JDBC
- Strong working knowledge in SQL, PL/SQL
- Strong working knowledge in Application Servers: JBOSS, Spring Boot·
- Experience in Java performance tuning, debugging and memory profiling
- Strong working knowledge of OOD, Design Patterns, Testing frameworks
- Experience in all phases of the SDLC
- Evidence of troubleshooting and solving problems in a highly technical customer focused service environment
- Committed to delivering quality and well-tested software.
- Disciplined and successful in delivering accurate and timely results.
- Experience in distributed applications a plus.
- Experience in HTML5 Technologies like ExtJS is a plus.
- Experience with financial math preferred.
- Understanding of futures, options and spreads and swaps a plus.
- Some exposure to R and C++ a plus