JOB DETAILS / DESCRIPTION:
One of our premier clients is looking for an IMS Database Administrator (DBA) in Trenton, NJ.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 10 years' experience in the following is required:
- This role requires an IMS Database Administrator with over 10 years of support (as a DBA).
- This individual will be responsible for supporting the client’s IMS environment, IMS Version 14 enhancements and eventually upgrading to version 15.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive, recent experience maintaining and supporting IMS databases, providing backups, recoveries, and disaster recovery.
- This individual will monitor space utilization for all IMS databases, Logs, etc.
- Will also monitor IMS database fragmentation and perform reorgs when required.
- Provide logical and physical database design and implementation of physical DB structures into IMS DBMS.
- Provide technical and lead Database support for OIT projects to facilitate successful completion of established goals.
- Database administration of IMS DBMS
- Prior hands on work with DBCTL
- IBM Z/OS
- IBM Utilities
- Prior experience with IMS version 14
- Prior experience using CA IMS SYSVIEW for monitoring.
- Prior experience supporting DB2 as a DBA
- Understanding of business processes and operations.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study.