Job Title: Firewall Engineer
This Firewall Engineer maintains enterprise information security policies, technical standards, guidelines, procedures, and other elements of an infrastructure necessary to support information security in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted information security controls. Responsible for the delivery of strategic network security, access control and secure transaction/messaging solutions. Ensures security solutions involving the use of technologies are well-conceived, designed and implemented in compliance with enterprise standards. Essential duties can include but are not limited to:
- Provides first level engineering design functions and trouble resolution
- Provides trouble resolution and serves as point of technical escalation on complex problems
- Leads or plans implementations for access management and network security technologies
- Develops testing plans to ensure quality of implementation
- Leads the investigation and reporting of data security events and incidents
- Provides system and network architecture support for information and network security technologies
- Provides technical support to business and technology associates in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate information security procedures, standards and technologies
- Maintains security incident response plans
- Represents major upgrades and business system replacements in change control
- Oversees Enterprise mix of vendor services
- Recommends changes and updates to strategy
- May act a key contact for setting vendor strategy
- Designs & engineers repetitive technical solutions based on business requirements and defined technology standards
- Develops support procedures and performance metrics reports
- Leads level 1 & 2 incident recoveries
- May organize the efforts of other analysts as part of incident recovery
- Leads root cause analysis efforts.
Must be capable of providing top-tier support for 4 or more of the information security technology common body of knowledge skill sets:
1) Access Control, 2) Application Security, 3) Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning, 4) Cryptography, 5) Information Security and Risk Management 6) Legal, Regulations, 7) Compliance and Investigations, 8) Operations Security, 9) Physical (Environmental) Security, 10) Security Architecture and Design, 11) Telecommunications and Network Security. Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent in education or experience required.
- Firewall Engineer requires 8+ years’ experience in a support & operations or design & engineering role in any of the following areas: access management or network security technologies, servers, networks, telecommunications, operating systems, middleware, disaster recovery, collaboration technologies, or hardware/software support;
- Significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of industry-accepted data processing controls and concepts as applied to hardware, software, data, network communications, and people.
- Security Certifications: CISSP preferred or other technical security certifications (e.g. Systems Security Certified Practitioner, Certification and Accreditation Professional).
- Must have Enterprise background.
- Must have extensive Check Point Firewall experience - architecture, support, maintenance and monitoring is required.
- Cisco ASA Firewall experience- architecture, support, maintenance and monitoring is desired.
- Risk Management experience is desired.