The Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer will join a team of highly motivated and skilled individuals focused on the development and maintenance of multiple applications supporting Risk Management for ICE global Clearing Houses. We develop and support applications that monitor the trading activities of our clearing members in near real-time to evaluate risk and allow our risk analysts to make decisions on collecting more collateral during the day. We also develop and support applications that calculate stress gains/losses, determine if a member is highly concentrated in an asset, and a complex set of asset price movements over many years to predict potential movements in the future and hold capital from our members to ensure the clearing house is insulated from a potential member going defunct. Lastly, the group is highly engaged in providing and supporting tools and applications for business analytics and data management (Tableau and others). The environment is fast paced, exciting, and demanding.
The successful candidate will have considerable experience in database design, PL/SQL development, a good working knowledge of end-user and server-side data processing techniques, an excellent understanding of SDLC and agile development methodologies. The candidate will have a strong understand of Oracle tuning and performance investigation. A strong plus is a candidate familiar with working with very large datasets, queries, procedures, and management of the same.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary as the position requires authoring of data models, system designs and diagrams as well as user and technical documentation. Additionally, the candidate will directly interface with our technical risk analysts and risk managers to understand requirements and implement solutions that fit the needs of our risk teams.
At ICE, we are on a mission as a team. We are problem solvers and partners, always starting with our customers to solve their challenges and create opportunities. Our start-up roots keep us nimble, flexible and fast moving. We take ownership and make decisions. We all work for one company, and work together to drive growth across the business. We engage in robust debates to find the best path, and then we move forward as one team. We take pride in what we do, acting with integrity and passion, so that our customers can perform better. We are experts and enthusiasts - combining ever-expanding knowledge with leading technology to consistently deliver results, solutions and opportunities for our customers and stakeholders. Every day we face forward, make progress, and work together to transform global markets.
- Exercise judgment within defined standard practices and procedures to analyze, test, design, program, debug, modify and implement system requirements
- Job entails primarily PL/SQL development work with some Database Administration work
- Work closely with business units on gathering requirements into implementable architecture and designs
- Create operations and technical documentation for developed systems and applications
- Utilize advanced Oracle features and techniques where appropriate to develop robust, reliable and high-performance solutions
- Maintain awareness of new Oracle features and techniques and develop an understanding of how and where they can best be applied
- Work closely with project management, risk analysts, and QA teams. This requires strong collaboration, communication and technical leadership skills in articulating complex technical infrastructure and concepts
- Plan and estimate for system enhancements including design, testing, and rollout
- Develop understanding of complex business logic in existing systems in order to transition to new technologies and systems
- Evaluate software for performance(SQL plans, scalability, throughput) and make/recommend changes where appropriate
- Work in an agile environment, planning and executing unit test cases to ensure developed code is free of functional defects
- Work with system operations personnel and other application teams in production support and defining system recovery procedures. Identify root causes and create solutions for application failures
- Willing to take on-call rotation and occasional weekend support work for installations and disaster recovery drills