Job Description Summary
Responsible for hunting, detecting and responding to digital security threats. Demonstrates technical leadership abilities and strong comprehension of malware, emerging threats and calculating risk
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Specialize in network-centric analysis (NSM), host-centric analysis (live response, digital forensics), malware analysis, and log-centric analysis (SIEM)
- Curate signatures, tune systems/tools, develop scripts and correlation rules
- Uses a hypothesis-driven approach and behavioral analysis to uncover connections and correlations between potential cyber threats.
- Analyze host and network forensic artifacts and identify patterns and behaviors related to threat actors
- Mentor and train incident responder and incident responder specialists
Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) + STEM/Political Science/Government/International Affairs with 6 years of experience min.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a team based setting
- Knowledge of recognized IT Security-related standards and technologies
- Experience in large global environments spanning multiple time zones
- Experience with object oriented & scripting programming languages (e.g. C+, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Experience with logging and analytics applications such as Digital Guardian, Splunk
- Experience administering orchestration tools such as Puppet, Salt, Chef
- Experience in data modeling
- Linux/Unix experience
- Knowledge of CI/CD and automation tools (Chef, Git, Jenkins)
- Experience in securing cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and alike (i.e., inspection, logging, WAF, VM)
- Experience in deployment of cloud controls for infrastructure, platform, and applications (IaaS/SaaS/PaaS)