Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join our company's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in our company's protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Development Operations Engineer will strengthen the DevOps automation capabilities which have been identified as a critical area for growth and specialization within global information technology's scope. In this role, you will collaborate with our security leadership, engineers operations center, incident response team and development engineers, quality teams and operations teams to help them use the capabilities of our DevOps automation and continuus integration/ continuous deployment platforms. You will help your team in their use case identification, planning, implementation, development and training to make systems accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.
- Guide and lead teams to establish DevOps processes, maximizing efficiency and performance of the systems in a continuous deployment environment from the beginning stage.
- Build and maintain systems used by teams in the command center, build and deploy applications using current technology and continuous integration and scripts that will backup databases and applications on demand.
- Implement monitoring and health checks using Zabbix to make sure that the infrastructures are performing at optimal levels and provide reports that show uptime and status of infrastructures.
- Participate in the creation of development and operational processes, building and maintaining continuous integration and delivery pipelines using Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- Provide guidance and technical support within the creation of design, engineering specifications and development artifacts.
- Provide delivery of service level agreements, service performance measures, risk mitigation and issues resolution.
- Conduct research on new emerging tools and techniques and make presentation on their merits and recommendations.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Ability to communicate technical details in a clear and understandable manner
Experience using related technologies like Azure DevOps, Zabbix, Git, Microsoft Visual Studio or Oracle.
Minimum of four years of related work experience
Experience using automated testing tools
Much experience in the area of DevOps
Experience with languages, platforms and cloud agnostic continuous integration/ continuous deployment platforms with support for containers or virtual machines
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No