At our company, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Do you love Data? Are you looking for an opportunity to realize the vision of making it easy for everyone to know what data exists and how to get access to it? Within the Single-Family Data and Decisions department, we are looking for a leader who has the strategic vision, drive for execution, expert knowledge, and people orientation to influence a large organization.
- We create the Single-Family Business Glossary which is the authoritative source of business metadata for all Single-Family data, to create and foster common language across Single-Family
- We create the Business Information Model (BIM) which is a business conceptual model of Single-Family data, to establish a common view of the corresponding entities, their attributes, and their relationships which are shared and used across Single-Family.
- We drive the Data Strategy and Strategic Road Map in collaboration with our IT partners for migrating our data capabilities to be Cloud-native.
- We represent the Single-Family business is creation of a world class data platform in the cloud and lead the transition and/or modernization of existing data assets.
- Lead the strategic direction for business information architecture, metadata management, business data architecture, and data strategy functions.
- Own the strategy and migration approach of the Single-Family data ecosystem to be modernized leveraging cloud-native technologies.
- Evangelize the data strategy and corresponding strategic roadmaps to help the organization understand the data transformation journey and actively engage in it.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction on behalf of Single-Family business for the Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) program, our company's program to adhere to and meet the data management requirements set forth by its regulator, Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA).
- Collaborate with business and IT partners to develop and utilize information architecture, inclusive of conceptual/logical data modeling capabilities and data lineage capabilities, in support of achieving business tactical and strategic goals and objectives.
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Experience in leading data modernization efforts leveraging Cloud native technologies
- Well-versed and proven experience in Cloud concepts including Data Lake, Data Ingestion, Data Virtualization, etc.
- Experience in leading a Data Strategy and Business Data Architecture function
- Experience with managing a Metadata Management function and business information modeling techniques (e.g., conceptual and logical data modeling in relational and non-relational structures)
- Experience with managing and implementing data management best practices within a business operational environment
- 12+ years of relevant experience including 4+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Love data, be people oriented, be creative, be flexible, be expert communicator, and able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Understand technical data architectures and are able to work through business, people processes and impacts.
- Motivating leader who creates an environment necessary for building high performance teams.
- A spirit for innovation and comfortable with challenging the status quo
- Excellent communication skills, including comfort interacting with internal management and external stakeholders
- A sense of humor
Today, our company makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
[note: bold skills and certification are required]
AWS Data Lake