The Senior Data Quality Engineer will be responsible for developing, maintaining and automating tests to ensure all compliance reports are accurate and complete. This role requires frequent interaction with software developers, testers, product managers and compliance and professionals to ensure delivery of quality reports to internal and external users for business decision-making and government compliance needs.
- Strong background in functional testing with the ability to design and develop test strategy and test cases.
- Gather information from disparate systems to aid problem resolution and perform integration testing
- Work with Business Analysts, ETL and Data warehouse engineers to review technical requirements and produce test strategies, test scenarios, and test cases for the data warehouse team to validate ETL scripts and confirm correct data is being extracted from the source.
- Testing skills to validate the transformation logic; diagnostic and debugging skills. Performing source-to-target-validation abd data quality testing
- experience with programming skills/python coding/automation efforts
- Experience participating in all aspects of a full-lifecycle development methodology, and related quality concepts and processes.
- Ability to lead a distributed testing effort.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an agile environment with an iterative approach to development.
Knowledge and Experience
Requires experience/knowledge of the following functional areas:
- 7+ experience in software testing, with a 3 year experience in enterprise data warehouse environments.
- Proficient in SQL and database systems
- Experience with Shell Scripting and Unix
- Experience testing data for data marts, data warehouses, and data integration solutions
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and productively under pressure.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent