The Clearing QA Analyst will work with the Systems Analysts, Development, and Project Management to understand the business/product requirements and system requirements. You will be responsible for building & reviewing test scenarios, writing & executing test cases, and if you can break our systems, write up the corresponding defects. You will use medium to complex sql queries to ensure the data loaded into a reporting data warehouse is accurate, identify any potential data errors, ensure accuracy of reports and work with development to resolve errors. You will be exposed to automation test execution and automation test script maintenance. This position is on the Clearing Technology QA team.
- Review business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases.
- Performs all aspects of verification, including functional, regression and system testing.
- Test execution in a multi-tiered-based architecture.
- Perform data warehouse testing by writing and executing sql queries and make sure data is extracted correctly from sources, transformed per application requirements and presented accurately on reports.
- Perform GUI testing.
- Experience participating in all aspects of a full-lifecycle development methodology, and related quality concepts and processes.
- Performs troubleshooting software / hardware configuration problems.
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in testing browser based UI applications.
- Experience in database/data warehouse testing
- Experience in testing systems which communicate via APIs is desired.
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux and SQL/Oracle environments.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Ability to work independently and productively under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and decision making ability