Support the accounting and financial reporting requirements of a $3.5 billion dollar manufacturing and distribution company that operates in approximately 30 countries with multiple functional currencies.
- Assist with the preparation of annual and quarterly consolidated financial statements under IFRS
- Assist the financial reporting team with the monthly global consolidation and maintaining effective internal controls
- Prepare quarterly consolidated, regional and subsidiary level analytics. Analyze business unit balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, footnote support, and support of consolidating adjustments. Evaluate and review financial information from all business units and other corporate finance functions.
- Experience preparing cash flows statements involving multiple foreign currencies and impairment tests over tangible or intangible assets.
- In charge of statutory financial statement filings for the company's various non-US subsidiaries
- Assist with technical IFRS and US GAAP accounting matters, including researching and drafting technical memoranda on new or proposed transactions and newly issued pronouncements that may impact the Company
- Maintain the annual audit and quarterly reviews calendar. Liaise with external auditors for year-end full scope audit, conduct weekly status meetings, identify and provide all information needed to facilitate the audit of financial statements.
- Update and maintain the Company’s accounting policy manual based upon current activity and developments in technical guidance
- Conduct reviews of contracts, leases, and other agreements / transactions. Ensure all potential accounting issues are identified, summarized and present findings in an organized and timely manner
- Other duties and projects, as requested
- CPA and Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field (GPA of 3.0 or higher) required
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience, with 2 of those years within public accounting (Big 4 or Tier 2 within the audit field) preferred
- Experiences in consolidation with ERP system (SAP, Oracle, Hyperion, etc.) preferred
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Self-starter with excellent analytical and written / verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude in a changing environment and a globally dispersed company operating in multiple time zones
- Demonstration of ownership and ability to multi-task in order to balance responsibilities with assigned projects, while ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Strong Excel skills