SENIOR JAVA LEAD DEVELOPER (V.P. Level)
The ideal candidate would be actively engaged in architecture, design, development, unit testing, and stress testing of a high-end Java based Electronic Trading application, and be a key participant in a small, focused and highly talented team for front office trading development. These applications provide workflows and solutions for front office credit traders.
This is a hands-on developer role and you will participate in end-to-end system development working on both the server and user interface of the application.
You will be expected to solve software, and infrastructure problems in relation to complex trading processes, design and develop automated stress testing harnesses, recommend and implement solutions, participate in and conduct code review sessions, and provide process improvements.
Additionally you will provide hands on technical support, advice, and consultation with open issues relating to supported applications plus assure quality, performance, security, trading risk controls, and compliance for those application platforms.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 4+ years of securities industry experience
- 6+ years of Java experience
- 6+ years of Linux experience
- 4+ years of Oracle experience
- 4+ years of Multi-Threading Experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced experience in capital markets business and processes
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SEC, FNRA, and international regulations for building technological solutions
- 6+ years of fixed Income experience
- Knowledge and understanding of financial municipal bond trading, fixed income, or derivatives
- 3+ years of cash or derivative products experience
- 10 + years of .Net and Java application development experience or a combination of both
- 6+ years of analytics experience
- 2+ years of experience coaching and developing a team
- 4+ years of Agile experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology development: support of complex risk and pricing models
- 5+ years of experience supporting trading systems, applications or platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of investment decision support, investment modeling, or trading systems
- Prior experience in building high throughput, low latency E-Trading and client connectivity systems.
- Agile development lifecycle
- Knowledge and implementation of multiple Languages
- Prior experience with Oracle DB, Coherence, building and maintaining UIs with Eclipse RCP
- Knowledge of Fixed Income, FX and/or Equities
- Understanding of Credit Asset class, simple and complex bond value calculations (Bullet, Perpetual, Callable, Floating Rate Note, EDSF)
- Hands-on experience in building E-Trading platforms and/or components in Capital Markets (trade lifecycle, electronic trading/algorithmic trading )
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding and/or working knowledge of Compliance and Regulatory needs in building capital markets E-Trading applications.