Responsibilities will include providing operational support for Oracle 11g/12c databases, Oracle RAC, and Exadata. Operational support responsibilities include installing, upgrading, and patching binaries, creating databases, creating/altering database objects, ensuring the availability/performance of instances, managing backups, performing restores/recoveries, troubleshooting service issues, determining the root causes of issues, and resolving issues. The position will also involve management of security and change.
The position will work closely with the Team Lead, other Database Administrators, System Administrators, and Developers. This position will involve participation in on-call rotation for 24/7 support.
4-yr College Degree preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Install, upgrade, and patch Oracle Grid Infrastructure and Oracle database enterprise and standard editions.
- Upgrade and patch Oracle Grid Control.
- Maintain and develop UNIX shell scripts to manage and monitor the environment.
- Perform and ensure database backups, restores, and recoveries using RMAN.
- Configure and maintain standby database with Data Guard.
- Manage database space using ASM and filesystmes.
- Perform capacity planning at the instance, operating system, and storage levels.
- Monitor database performance using Grid Control and SQL scripts. Tune all Oracle instance components including SQL and PL/SQL.
- Work with application teams on SQL performance tuning.
- Troubleshoot service problems, determine the root cause, and provide resolutions.
- Manage security and permissions.
- Implement migrations of Oracle schema objects.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide 24/7 operational support.
- Produce documentation as needed on database standards and policies.
- Ensure compliance with database policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance on good database design and implementation practices to Developers.
- Participate in DR testing and execution.
- Participate in team environment to share workload and responsibilities as circumstance warrants.
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant operating system, network, and storage principles relating to database platforms.
- 4+ years of production support of Oracle Databases
- 2+ years of production support of Oracle RAC and ASM
- 2+ years Exadata and Data Guard
- 2+ years database development
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server, DB2 LUW, Hadoop and/or Cassandra definitely a plus