Windows Server Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Education: 4-yr college degree preferably in Information Systems or Computer Science
Skill focus: Hardware/VMWare
- Extensive hardware experience from multiple vendors with a focus on HPE hardware including rack mount and blade servers
- Extensive experience with VMWare (5.5, 6.0 and 6.5)
- Technical Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent writing, communication, collaboration, and listening skills
- Intermediate scripting skills (PowerShell/VB Script)
- Experience supporting server hardware in a large, enterprise environment.
- Experience with VMware vROPs or another tool for monitoring VMware.
- Experience deploying and supporting VMware vSAN.
- 3+ years’ experience in an IT systems and Network Services Delivery environment supporting Wintel Systems and TCP/IP Networks
- Knowledge of architecture and systems administration processes for Microsoft Windows
- Make decisions that have direct impact on the availability, performance and cost of providing services to our customers, broad latitude to identify opportunities for improvement and to drive them to implementation.
- Implement Test, QA and Production configurations
- Gathers customers’ business requirements, issues, tactical and strategic initiatives and shares them with the rest of Wintel Services to ensure we continue to improve our customer satisfaction and meet their business requirements
- Work with business partners, other IT support organizations, and vendors to strategize, plan and lead continual improvements in systems design, enhancements and technology upgrades
- Provides direction in escalations and oversights in meeting committed service objectives
- Ensures adherence to operational policies and procedures in compliance with corporate guidelines
- Participates in efforts to drive efficiencies and meet business agreements
- Maintains appropriate Metrics and Reporting processes
- Evaluates and validates problems & drives problem resolution
The candidate must be well rounded, possess maturity, vision, and a depth of experience that allows for grasping of issues quickly and making educated, critical judgments and decisions in the absence of complete information. This candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced 24x7 environment with on-call duties as required and must possess the ability to work with a diverse, high-performance team.