A hands-on Database Administrator who can design, code and provide architecture solutions for the team, including but not limited to database design, data modeling, and data integration using cutting edge technologies including open source tools on Azure Cloud platforms.
- Development – Design and build database and data engineering solutions to serve the needs across the Consumer Identity Organization.
- Data Modeling – Apply your expertise to help model structured and unstructured data. Own these models at a high level, and consult with feature teams to help them model applications.
- Data Integration – Plan and build data integrations between systems. Figure out the best way to share information and build the tech needed to execute.
- Data Stewardship – Own or support the data definitions and lineage across our organization.
- Experience in a high transaction processing environment (payments or E-commerce)
- Define systems of record, catalog operational and non-operational data stores. Consult with features teams on how to get the data they need.
- Monitoring: Define monitoring for the data layer and enable high availability and resiliency across the data layer.
- Mentoring – Help teach other team members about data architecture, and also be a consultant for developers who need help with data.
- Engineer reusable capabilities and pipelines for DML, DDL, maintenance, and ETL needs that can be shared across teams.
- Stay current on technical knowledge and tooling to help the team utilize new technologies
- 2+ years of experience developing, deploying, testing in Cloud (Azure)
- 2+ years’ experience in system analysis
- Exposure to disaster recovery and data warehousing
- 4+ years of experience working on data projects and data management engineering
- 3 years of experience in different database technologies including Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Mongo, Dynamo DB, AWS RDS (SQL and non-SQL)
- Azure and Database Certifications
- 3+ years of experience in at least one scripting and one programming language (e.g. Python)
- 5+ years of experience developing software solutions
- 2+ years of experience in an Agile delivery environment
- Experience with Microsoft Azure