As a Senior Systems Support Specialist, you will work closely with software development, QA, Operations, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering and Release Engineering teams to outline requirements and coordinate tasks across teams. The individual will be a member of the team responsible for maintaining / improving our internal and external environments, server host builds inclusive of operating system and dependent software, firewall rules and web server configuration, Oracle database host builds, and application system deploys to facilitate delivery of all infrastructure requirements for delivery of a running system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, and coordinate delivery of technology infrastructure projects components
- Manage external test environments and work across multiple business units to collaborate on test strategies to ensure our customers receive best in class service.
- Help facilitate communication across multiple functional organizations, technology, teams, vendors, and finance
- Work in a cross-functional project team to deliver on a defined project scope schedule.
- Work with internal and external customers to manage, set and communicate delivery expectations
- Understand and manage process improvement lifecycle
- Design, implement and maintain automation tools to increase environment stability.
- Document, maintain, validate and execute detailed templates (APT) used to create, remediate and maintain Production and Test environments.
- Provision server hardware and access, deploy software release builds, maintain test environments, and perform troubleshooting software / hardware configuration problems.
- Gain experience with cloud native container and orchestration technologies.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field equivalent practical experience)
- 5 or more years of work experience in supporting a diverse set of technologies and user groups utilizing tools such as ServiceNow and Jira to manage tickets and track progress.
- Experience coordinating resources in a fast-moving matrix environment
- Hands on technical experience (Linux, Windows, SQL)
- Excellent communications skills
- Demonstrated success in process improvements
- Ability to apply standardized project control mechanisms such as planning and project progress tracking / control, estimating, logic analysis, resource planning and allocation, issue and risk management.
- Ability to self-start effectively with ambiguity and varying levels of detail.
- Financial industry experience is a strong plus
- Experience with package deployment such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with Active Directory and IDM and firewalls
- Experience scripting using Python or shell an asset
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies an asset
- Ability to work independently and productively under pressure.
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.