The Dev Ops Engineer individual will be responsible building tools and infrastructure for deploys, deployments, releases and monitoring and alerting. This individual will create, manage and own the deployment plans along with the project manager and the technical team, perform deployments, production changes and monitor them. A strong focus on automation is critical.
- Create, manage, own, and execute the deployment plans according to the release deployment schedule.
- Own the deployment and release processes and production changes
- Installation and maintenance of software infrastructure including application servers (JBoss), clustering, load balancing (F5, JBoss)
- Own and maintain application servers (JBoss), scripting/tooling/automation, alerting and monitoring, with a strong focus on automation, scalability, predictability and performance.
- Work with the internal infrastructure team to design and configure Linux servers (RedHat, Oracle Linux)
- Work with teams to make deployments seamless, faster, automated and more predictable
- Identify gaps, manual steps and other issues in the current process and design automated reusable solutions
- Create and own the sprint deploy plan along with the project manager.
- Support deployments to Distribution centers based on business priorities and schedules (typically off hour)
-Support of large applications, ideally supporting an agile development process as a Dev Ops engineer.
- Strong Experience in JBoss setup, maintenance and management (including configuring and tuning JBoss parameters for performance, clustering, connections, datasources etc)
- Strong Experience in creating, maintaining and executing deployment plans for medium to large applications in Java/JEE/JBoss environments on Linux.
-Strong Experience in Configuring and providing build specifications for Linux environments based on application needs
- Strong knowledge and experience working in Linux environments, scripting, maintaining infrastructure, monitoring, alerting tooling (Red Hat, Oracle Linux etc)
- Strong Linux shell scripting and troubleshooting experience
- Experience in writing and troubleshooting SQL queries
- Deep understanding of version control systems (Preferably subversion), including branching and merging strategies
- Experience with software build tools (Maven), continuous integration tools (Jenkins), Deployment Tools (UDeploy)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge, Exposure and Experience in Docker would be a plus.
- Exposure with the Atlassian suite of applications (JIRA, FishEye, Crucible, Clover)
- Strong inclination and focus on automating deploy
- Ability to identify innovative and automated solutions to problems